"But as for me, I will never boast about anything except the cross of the Lord Jesus Christ, through whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world." Galatians 6:14

Saturday, September 12, 2015

The Night Before Sunday

My first blog post, and this post just so happens to be on the eve of Sunday morning worship.  With that thought, I wanted to share with you that after 14 years of ministry, some things have changed, while others have not.

Reflecting on the fact that I am concerning myself with blog creation rather than gorging myself on sermon preperation is one of the major changes to a typical Saturday night. Watching football instead of having worship music softly playing in the background for inspiration is another difference.   But other things have not changed.

Spending time in family worship is always a blessing; however, Saturday nights are supercharged.  Although family worship happens every night, Saturdays seem to be extra special, because we pray for our worship service the following day.

Another thing that remains the same is the excitement of the next day.  After preperaing throughout the week and the blessings that come from worship through study, the anticipation of sharing this with the hearers gets my blood pumping baby.  It is a tremendous blessing to speak on behalf of our great God.  While preparation during the week has changed the dynamic of my Saturday night, the emotion and excitement of the next day remains the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment